1. What did you do in 2014 that you’d never done before?
We tried a local CSA program during the summer to get fresh local foods (and decided hitting the local farmers market is probably easier and more effective for us to use), successfully transitioned our 2 year old to a big boy bed and potty-trained him; Matt enjoyed a new hobby of quad-copter with FPV; we filled in as interim-worship-leaders for several months at our church
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolution and will you make more for next year?
I didn’t make an official resolution this last year. This year — Keeping life authentic and simple are our priorities.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes! We have a beautiful niece Tahlia!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What country did you visit?
None other than the one we live in (We did travel to Florida and Colorado!)
6. What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014?
More one-on-one dates with each other
7. What dates from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Our trip to Aspen for a family wedding was perfect and beautiful. Can’t get enough of those photos and memories.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Matt has continued to be consistent with his daily work-out and completed several rounds of P90X3, T25; Matt passed a VMware exam
9. What was your biggest failure?
Learning through trial and error and error and error various discipline techniques for our toddler
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Just typical colds, I (most-likely) broke a toe when I was 36 weeks pregnant; Ethan took a good tumble off of his trike but decided to forgo stitches
11. What was the best thing you bought?
a king bed (seriously. no words). a local zoo membership. reusable cloth washcloths — but really soft ones that don’t get all stinky in the kitchen and we use to wipe hands and faces (and tables :–)
12. Where did most of your money go?
Savings for maternity leave for next year and future car. oh, and toilet paper. Since potty training, Ethan can’t figure out how to use less than a roll a day which is even more ironic since he doesn’t need it but wants to use it anyway.
13. What did you get really excited about?
Finding out we were pregnant with our second child! Oh. And potty training Ethan!
14. What song will remind you of 2014?
“Happy” and “Shake if Off” — oh my, all the dancing in our living room
15. Compared to this time last year, are you
happier or sadder? About the same
thinner or fatter? fatter (however I am pregnant!)
richer or poorer? richer (most is in savings)
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Reading (I really embraced it more this year again and LOVED it, hope to keep it up!)
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Sat around cooped up due to the demands of pregnancy
18. How did you spend Christmas?
Four celebrations in 8 days. It was wonderful year with family!
19. What was your favorite TV program?
Arrow, Flash, Agents of Shield, Once Upon a Time. Brooklyn 99 was our new favorite comedy of the year.
20. What were your favorite books of the year?
Oh my word, so many. Check out my favorites here. “Carry on Warrior”, “Notes of a Blue Bike”, “Nesting Place”, “Grace Based Parenting”; oh and any cooking books or food memories I could get my hands on
21. What was your favorite music this year?
We listen to a lot of Slacker Radio and Cities97.
22. What was your favorite film of the year?
what’s a film?
23. What did you do on your birthday?
Huh. I have no idea.
24. What one thing would you have made your year immeasurable more satisfying?
Nothing I can think of. We are overall so pleased with our choices this year.
25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2014?
Maternity clothes — attempting to still feel cute :–) ; Lots of consignment shopping
26. What kept you sane?
A series of decisions == A rotation of activities and toys with our toddler, re-arranging our furniture three times for something new and different, calling our babysitter often so we can hang with friends “kidless”, our small group and family, locking the outside of our toddler room’s door
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2014?
Whatever it is, it probably will change in 10 days, and whatever it is, it’ll be OK.
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2015!!